Privacy at the OBWC
- The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre maintains Personal Health Information. All Personal Health Information is kept confidential, except as required by law. The Centre follows the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- In the event of a medical emergency, relevant personal health information may be shared with other healthcare professionals.
- The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre is mandated to contribute data to the Better Outcomes Registry and Network (BORN). BORN collects and analyzes data about pregnancy, birth, and childhood in Ontario in order to improve maternal, fetal and newborn care. Client data is shared with BORN as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Clients are asked to authorize the OBWC to release to the Ottawa Public Health Agency, Healthy Baby Healthy Children Program, personal information and relevant information regarding the birth. A Public Health Nurse may contact clients who have consented to offer support and teaching related to infant and maternal health.
- Clients are asked to consent regarding the use of some personal health information for research by the Centre, understanding that any information used will not identify any individuals.
- Questions regarding the collection, use, changes or disclosure of personal information, may be directed to Tamara Brown, the Centre’s Privacy Officer, at 613-260-1441, or email@example.com.
- To make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-387-0073. As this is not a secure form of communication, please do not share personal information by email.