NOW HIRING: Receptionist Administrative Assistant
JOB POSTING – Receptionist Administrative Assistant
Full-Time, Permanent, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30am
Salary range: $37,500-$42,000 per annum
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre (OBWC) is a midwife-led birth and wellness centre located in southeast Ottawa that offers a broad range of maternal and infant services to Ottawa women, newborns, and their families. These services include prenatal care, labour and delivery, educational programs, and wellness services.
The Centre’s Receptionist Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for clients, families, and members of the public, seeking information about the Birth Centre and its services. They are able to juggle competing priorities, have a keen eye for detail, enjoy finding solutions to problems, and working independently as part of a small team of dedicated staff members.
The Receptionist Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and reception services including responding to inquiries, day-to-day facilities management, governance support, assisting with financial management, managing room bookings and set-up, and providing support for events at the OBWC.
Education, Training and Experience
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (bilingualism strictly required).
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in an office environment.
- Knowledge and experience in health care or not-for-profit/public sector organizations a strong asset.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly Word and Excel, and database applications.
- Proficient with office technology, including hardware and software; website maintenance experience an asset.
- Current Police Record Check (may be acquired after hiring).
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage multiple activities.
- Strong client service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop mutually respectful relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Understanding and commitment to the OBWC’S model of midwifery care.
- Experience with facilities and/or meetings and events management.
- Experience with supporting financial management a strong asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative.
- Must be able to work in, and be sensitive to, a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Good technical and troubleshooting skills related to office technology and equipment.
- Demonstrated professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment.
Standard hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30 pm, with occasional evenings and weekends.
For a detailed job description, please see attached PDF in the top right corner of this page.
All applications must include a cover letter that includes the candidate’s suitability for the position and level of bilingualism.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 (11:59pm)
Apply by email only: email@example.com
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre is committed to employment equity.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
- JOB POSTING Receptionist Administrative Assistant Size: 1096.7K
About Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre