NOW HIRING: Acting Executive Director (parental leave contract)
ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR to cover 9-month parental leave
May 11th, 2020- February 19, 2021
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre (OBWC) is a not-for-profit midwifery-led healthcare facility located in southeast Ottawa that offers a broad range of maternal and infant birth and wellness services to Ottawa pregnant people, newborns, and their families. These services include prenatal care, labour and delivery, educational programs, and wellness services. The OBWC began operations in February 2014 and is an initiative of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) to shift low-risk pregnant people who would like a supported birth out of the hospital setting and into a community setting that provides safe, high quality care.
We are seeking an Acting Executive Director to cover a 9-month parental leave. The Acting Executive Director will be responsible for all aspects of the management and operations of the Centre. Responsibilities include operations management, stakeholder and community engagement, operational planning, program oversight, reporting, governance, human resource management, and financial management.
As Acting Executive Director, you will work closely with an engaged Board of Directors, staff, midwives and community stakeholders to deliver on the OBWC’s mission and vision. Your role will be that of strategist, collaborator, advocate, and champion for change.
The Acting Executive Director will play a leadership role in supporting and growing the services provided by the OBWC. This growth will be continuous with the already established evidence-based care and excellence in service delivery. The Acting Executive Director will bring thoughtful guidance to stakeholder engagement, developing strong relationships and implementing strategies that raise awareness and build support for birth centres.
- MHA or MBA preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years progressive experience in a healthcare or a service organization.
- Successful track record in leading organizations in the pursuit of ambitious goals, backed by capabilities in strategic planning, operational planning and setting priorities that translate into meaningful results.
- Passionate about healthcare with knowledge of the Ontario and regional health care system.
- Knowledge and skill related to organizational performance measurement.
- Solid financial management expertise including budget management, proposal development and relations with funding organizations.
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Proven ability to recognize opportunities and effectively perform a risk management assessment
- Proven leadership skills including coaching and mentoring staff and working effectively with a range of healthcare professionals in a complex, multi-stakeholder and multi-issue environment.
- Team player who leads by example with a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building and conflict resolution skills that demonstrate judgement, tact and discretion.
- Reflects and promotes the OBWC’s values of care and compassion, integrity, respect, excellence, positivity, collaboration, and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience supporting and working effectively with a policy governance Board of Directors.
- Bilingualism (English and French) preferred.
- Current Police Record Check. May be completed upon offer.
Salary range: $95,000 to $100,000 per annum. Competitive benefits available for full term of employment.
Deadline for Applications: Please submit your completed application by 11:59pm on March 2nd, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of March 15,2020 and you will be notified by phone regarding an interview date and time.
Applicants will not be considered unless they include, along with their curriculum vitae, a 1-3 page summary (point form) which clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience corresponds to each of the above requirements.
ATTN: Search Committee
Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre
2260 Walkley Road
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre is committed to employment equity.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.