JOB POSTING – Communications and Policy Summer Position
8 week, 35 hrs per week, paid internship through the Federal Summer Jobs Program.
Start Date: Flexible start date. Tentative Start Date: Monday June 3, 2019 to Friday July 26, 2019
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre is a midwife-led birth and wellness centre located in southeast Ottawa that offers a broad range of maternal and infant services to birthing people, newborns, and their families. These services include prenatal care, labour and delivery, educational programs, and wellness services.
We are seeking a bilingual (English/French) summer communications and policy intern to provide support as the Centre continues to grow into the Ottawa community. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will combine marketing, health administration, policy development and outreach elements. This is the perfect summer job for someone looking for hands-on communications, policy and outreach experience or experience in the world of health administration.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment as per the Canada Summer Jobs Program;
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; *International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English (bilingualism strictly required).
- Knowledge and experience in health care or not-for-profit/public sector organizations an asset.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, particularly Word and Excel, and database applications.
- Proficient in social media platforms;
- Current Police Record Check. ( May acquire prior to start date)
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to connect with people and work in a diverse, dynamic team.
- Strong client service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop mutually respectful relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Policy development skills as asset.
- Experience with facilities and/or meetings and events management an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative.
- Ability to use and generate content for social media platforms.
- Demonstrated professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment.
We are flexible with this position and happy to offer 8 weeks of employment at 5 days a week or 10 weeks of employment at 4 days a week. Preferences to be discussed with applicants who receive an interview.
All applications should include a cover letter that includes the candidate’s suitability for the position and level of bilingualism.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 (11:59pm)
Apply by email only:
The Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre is committed to employment equity.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
- Summer Student Job Posting 2019 Size: 214.6K